I was reading the Community Pool today and someone left a comment that included her post where she wrote about 21 Little Pleasures in Life. I thought it sounded like a great idea and wanted to share my list too.
1. That scent that makes you think of home.
2. Meeting a puppy for the first time.
3. Fresh picked flowers in a vase on the table.
4. Receiving positive feedback from your teacher.
5. Receiving positive feedback from your boss for a task you thought went unnoticed.
6. A warm summer breeze from your open car windows.
7. Your favorite song on the radio in the car.
8. Your favorite brew on draft at a bar.
9. A surprise encounter with a friend while out shopping.
10. When you finally “get it” about something at work or school.
11. Brand new crayons, colored pencils, and markers, and a blank pad of paper.
12. A warm fuzzy blanket for cuddling under.
13. The smell of cologne on an attractive man.
14. Dancing to your favorite song(s) at your house or anywhere else.
15. A book you can’t seem to put down or stop reading even though its 3am and you have to be up at 7am.
16. Putting on your first tank or dress of the spring season.
17. Enjoying a glass of wine with someone you love on the patio on a warm evening.
18. Looking at photos from your childhood or college and remembering “the good ole days.”
19. Finding something super awesome, at thrift store prices.
20. Those odd smells that remind you of past memories. For instance, craft foam smells amazing and reminds me of when I was a kid and used to play with art supplies and make things all the time.
21. Meeting new people and making new friends.
Can’t wait to see other people’s lists, if you make one, please come back and share it or link to me so I can post it here!