Its true. I don’t have a clue what to do with Twitter, the only reason I set up an account in the first place was because I wanted to enter a giveaway a few more times. Now the only thing I use Twitter for is to enter giveaways.
Sometimes I get 3 more entries just for retweeting something. Rock on.
So what if I have to “follow” 20 new Twitter accounts that I know nothing about, I just got 20 more entries!
I never pop on there to read anything anyone has to say. I can barely find anything of interest on there in the first place! All those hashtags that I really didn’t get for the longest time (until I read these books about Pinterest- these are the books that inspired this post a long time ago lol- still doing it!), tagging people with the @ even if I didn’t know if they existed….who needs it?
Tonight I am taking a stand! I am “unfollowing” any Twitter account:
- that I don’t know
- that isn’t a handmade Etsy store
- that isn’t a blog I follow
- that doesn’t have a description or link to a blog I know
- that has anything to do with coupons
- that has anything to do with “mommy blogging”
Any questions? I’m sure you do, so let’s break it down.
- Why follow a person that I don’t truly know? Just because you and I are on Facebook together doesn’t mean that we need to follow each other’s every account. I follow this same rule with Pinterest, why shouldn’t I with Twitter?
- I want to support other Etsy stores, or handmade artists, so I want to keep them
- So many blogs that I already follow, I should only keep the ones I truly like (or even read- to see the list, check out the side bar!)
- If you don’t have a description for your Twitter profile, what are you doing? Killing your brand obviously, even I have a description with links!
- If you’re just a regular person, refer to #1.
- All those people out there who starting clipping coupons like mad, printing them offline and doubling them up in the stores. Guess what, you ruined it for the rest of us, so many stores around me now refuse online coupons AT ALL. Thanks for that peeps.
- Besides, why are you hoarding 15 bottles of shampoo just because you got them for 50 cents each? Who really needs 50 boxes of pasta? That’s such food waste, you shouldn’t be on a TV show, you should see a mental health professional.
- And mommy blogging….LOL I’m not a mom! I like to read about kid’s crafts and activities because I am about to be an aunt for the first time and I like to pin all sorts of crafty projects, kids stuff, and baby stuff for the future. However, I don’t need to see all that.
So, if you follow me and now you’re wondering WHY? Here are a few reasons to continue:
- I still enter giveaways and tweet about them, I just won’t be following a bunch of extra accounts
- I do auto post tweets from my Facebook page: Christina Designs Art, so all my blog posts and anything I share from FB will be there (other art, inspirations, my handmade items, etc)
- I think I might start retweeting what other handmade artists post….sounds like a good idea?
- We’ll see what else, maybe I might finally get the hang of posting photos or something.
If you’re one of the people I dropped, don’t be offended- I might find you again someday 🙂
I’ve linked this post up to this Tuesday Party: